8 Best Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps [Free & Paid]
The Baymard Institute shares that customers abandon nearly 70% of their online shopping carts. In other words, seven out of every 10 shoppers who add a product to their cart don't complete the purchase.
Sometimes, it's just a case of someone adding an item to their shopping cart without the intention to buy. 58.6% of U.S. customers have abandoned a cart because they were just browsing or not ready to buy. So these losses are unavoidable.
However, in other cases, customers abandon their cart because they experience friction when purchasing a product from your online store.
For that reason, we’ll cover why customers abandon their carts and show you the best Shopify abandoned cart apps you can use to convert lost revenue into sales.
Why Do Customers Abandon Their Carts on Your Shopify Store?
Too many checkout steps or a confusing user interface can frustrate the customer’s shopping experience and cause them to second-guess their purchases.
Here are more reasons why customers abandon their carts:
Forcing Customers To Create an Account
Creating an account means the customer has to go another step before making a purchase. Shoppers may not see the point, especially when they only intend to make a one-time purchase.
Allow customers to skip the account creation process if they want. Doing so shortens the checkout process while allowing users who don’t want to share their personal information to purchase your items confidently.
Long Checkout Process
An ideal checkout flow should be a smooth and frictionless experience. Asking for too much information — such as the customer’s date of birth, gender, or phone number — before completing the purchase can put off customers and make them not complete their purchase.
To avoid this, make the checkout process as seamless as possible by adding progress bars to tell users how many more steps are left to complete the purchase. Doing so creates a sense of momentum, reducing the chances of a shopper abandoning their cart due to an unnecessarily lengthy checkout process.
No Promo Codes or Discounts
Most online businesses give first-time shoppers coupon codes or other incentives to create an account. If you don’t provide incentives and your competitor does, the consumer may go elsewhere.
Limited Payment Options
Customers always want to use their preferred payment method since it's more convenient.
PayPal, Google Wallet, Apple Pay, and other digital wallets allow consumers to shop online without giving their credit card details. So, you may put off a customer if they find only one payment option.
Determine what payment options your customers prefer and provide the right integrations to improve their shopping experience.
Best Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps
Now, let’s look at the best Shopify abandoned cart apps you can use to convince customers who abandon their carts to turn around and make that purchase.
1, Sender: Email & SMS Marketing
App description: Sender is one of the best Shopify abandoned cart apps that combines email and SMS marketing to provide an omnichannel experience for your Shopify customers.
Designed for ecommerce store owners and small or medium businesses, the app helps you send personalized abandoned cart recovery emails triggered by prospects’ behavior to convert lost revenue into sales.
Sender's easy-to-use automation platform helps you manage your email and SMS marketing campaigns from one dashboard, eliminating the hassle of switching between different apps.
On top of that, its intuitive drag-and-drop design builder and a massive library of premade templates let you quickly design and send abandoned cart emails to your customers. That way, you can convince them to complete their purchase after they leave your Shopify store without buying.
The platform also offers real-time reporting and analytics to help you track your email and SMS campaigns so you can look for ways to improve your marketing performance.
- Drag-and-drop design builder and premade templates to create high-converting emails
- Send promotional and cart abandonment emails and SMS messages with just a few clicks
- Automate your email and SMS workflows with activity or time-triggered drip campaigns
- Segmentation and personalization to help you send the right message to the right audience
- Collect leads with exit-intent pop-ups and signup forms
- Price: Free Forever plan; paid plans starting from $10 per month
- Number of reviews: 46+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 5 stars
2, Wisepops: Smart Popups & Bars
App description: Wisepops is a Shopify cart recovery app with an exit-intent detection feature that displays popups automatically to every customer who leaves without purchasing. As a result, it's ideal for mid-sized and large businesses that need an effective cart recovery app to target their Shopify customers before they leave their stores.
You can also send personalized offers like time-limited deals, discounts, and even feedback forms to push users to complete their purchases.
- 60+ premade campaign templates and intuitive drag-and-drop cart recovery popup builder
- Automatic cart reminders for customers who want to leave without completing their purchase
- A/B popup campaign testing to monitor and improve performance
- Discounts, feedback forms, and countdowns in popups
- Price: Free 14-day trial; paid plans start from $29 per month
- Number of reviews: 66+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 5 stars
3, PushOwl: Web Push Notifications
App description: PushOwl is a web push notification app with a useful abandoned cart recovery feature that helps you send push notifications directly to desktop and mobile devices. Push notifications are ideal for quick cart abandonment reminders since they don’t require the customer to open anything.
The Campaign Creator feature helps you design cart abandonment messages that users can easily understand.
The app also offers detailed analytics on the total revenue generated, carts recovered, and how various abandoned cart messages perform.
- Native opt-in to help you collect subscriber emails instantly
- Campaign Creator to design web push campaigns quickly
- Analyze customer behavior and cart details to personalize your marketing campaigns
- Automated sequences for recovery of abandoned carts
- Performance tracking of web push marketing
- Price: 14-day free trial; paid plans start from $19 per month
- Number of reviews: 2,476+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 5 stars
4, Tidio: Live Chat & Chatbots
App description: Tidio is an effective Shopify app for recovering abandoned carts that help you send automatic notifications directly from your Shopify store using bots.
You can customize the chatbot messages with different calls to action (CTAs) to recover more revenue. You can also personalize the messages and add discounts to improve customer support and increase sales.
- Use the live chat to talk to visitors, solve problems, and sell proactively
- Use chatbots to send abandoned cart messages to increase sales
- Check order history, preview carts, and recommend products to customers directly through chat
- Price: Free plan, with paid plans starting from $19 per month
- Number of reviews: 1,567+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.8 stars
5, AVADA: Email Marketing & SMS
App description: AVADA is one of the best Shopify abandoned cart recovery email apps for Shopify stores that need marketing functionality and cart recovery.
The platform has an intuitive and user-friendly interface that's simple to use, even for ecommerce beginners. The app also provides pre-built email templates to design your cart abandonment emails quickly.
In addition, the platform syncs your Shopify customer data automatically to help you segment and target users with your personalized emails, boost your cart recovery efforts, and increase your revenue.
- Follow up and convert users through email and SMS marketing, push notifications, and WhatsApp
- Lead capturing popups and forms to boost your lead generation efforts
- Pre-built email marketing templates to quickly design and send emails to users
- Segmentation and personalization to increase customer engagement and sales
- Price: 14 days free trial, with paid plans starting from $16 per month
- Number of reviews: 962+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.9 stars
6, Care Cart: Abandoned Cart Recovery Email
App description: Care Cart is an abandoned cart recovery app that retargets customers through push notifications and automated email marketing.
It also allows you to include incentives like discount codes and an engaging and interactive “Spin-a-sale wheel” feature. This gamified element helps Care Cart stand out from the crowd and boost customer engagement.
- Pre-built Abandonment Protector that automates abandoned cart recovery emails
- Give tempting incentives and boost engagement with a fun Spin-a-sale wheel game
- Combine push notifications, cart reminders, and email campaigns for maximum visibility
- Price: Free 14-day trial; paid plans start from $14.99 per month
- Number of reviews: 974+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.8 stars
7, Growmatik: Smart Marketing
App description: Growmatik is another abandoned cart app that offers cross-channel marketing to help you personalize and automate your entire marketing campaign from a single dashboard.
You can segment users, create and manage automation visually without coding, and send personalized abandoned cart emails through the platform. You can also display highly-targeted popups and measure your marketing metrics to boost growth and conversions.
- Create newsletters, promotional, and transactional emails or choose from pre-made templates
- Send effective cart abandoned emails, including personalized coupons and cart items
- Show specific items in your Shopify store pages based on purchased or viewed products
- Display personalized offers in popups
- Price: Free 14-day trial; paid plans start from $12 per month$30 per month, with a 30-day free trial
- Number of reviews: 3+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 3.6 stars
8, CM Commerce: Email Marketing
App description: CM Commerce is a Shopify abandoned cart app from Campaign Monitor that helps you use email marketing to recover lost sales. The platform uses your Shopify store's customer data to build segments for more targeted campaigns.
The abandoned cart app also enables you to integrate customer reviews to build a good reputation and trust for your Shopify store.
On top of that, the tool provides an email builder and templates to help you quickly create your email campaigns. You can also design popup forms on your Shopify store to generate more leads and grow your subscriber list.
- Abandoned cart emails to help you reduce cart abandonment and boost revenue
- Popup forms to grow your email list and send personalized marketing campaigns
- Analytics feature to help you optimize your email marketing campaigns
- Price: Free plan available; paid plans start from $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers
- Number of reviews: 1,133+ reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.6 stars
That’s it. Eight best Shopify abandoned cart apps to convince customers to return to their shopping carts and complete their purchase.
Seeing your sales drop as a result of abandoned carts can be frustrating. But these Shopify abandoned cart apps mentioned in this guide can automate sending abandoned cart emails, generate sales on autopilot, and recover your lost revenue.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Why customers abandon their carts
- Best Shopify abandoned cart apps
- Best Shopify apps for SEO
- Best free Shopify apps
- Best email marketing apps for Shopify
- Best Shopify video apps
- Best Shopify automation apps
- Best Shopify blog apps
- Best Shopify dropshipping apps
- Best marketing tools
- Best Shopify size guide apps
- Best Shopify live chat apps
- Best print on demand apps for Shopify
- Best Shopify affiliate apps
- Best Shopify image editor apps
- Best Shopify personalization apps
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.