10 Best Shopify Email Marketing Apps
Using Shopify email marketing apps to build a fluent, streamlined email marketing strategy is still unknown to many store owners. However, some may feel trepidation and ill-equipped to identify the best Shopify mailing list app.
The vast majority of store owners run Facebook ads, google ads, and Pinterest ads as their sole marketing strategy, but only a handful of Shopify store owners invest time and money into building an email list.
Whilst the obvious benefit to building an email list, is increasing revenue, other benefits can be leveraged too, such as:
- Product validation
- Building relationships
- Sending discount offers
- Sending company news
- Customer retention
- Personalized experiences
- Additional channel
Sometimes, it goes beyond the need to build an email list solely for revenue, it’s also great to build multiple channels to become as fault-tolerant as possible.
In the world of eCommerce and Google, anything can happen! - what happens if your site is penalized? or Google has a meltdown? Would it not be great to have a huge email list as a fail safe?
The same applies to Shopify, what if Shopify had a catastrophic technical meltdown?
You see, an email list is also used to salvage some sort of business - otherwise known as “data diversity”, or “fault-tolerant”
Ok, now the blurb is out the way, and before moving on to email marketing for Shopify apps, we’ll cover the most common question, “what is the best email marketing app for Shopify”.
Related blog posts:
What is the Best Email Marketing App for Shopify?
Call us biased, but we personally believe that ConvertKt for Shopify, is a force to be reckoned with, a true masterpiece.
ConvertKit was founded in January of 2013 by Barry Nathan. Barry Nathans's goal was to find a better way to reach his audience through automation and intelligent funneling.
ConvertKit has grown into a beast and is now reported to be worth $196M
If you’re looking for the best, then ConvertKit meets those requirements, especially because the founder started exactly where you are now - A need to reach customers through email marketing to increase revenue.
- Drip sequences
- Event sequences
- Landing pages
- Opt-in forms
- Data sync
- Automated funnels
Convertkit and Shopify is the perfect combination.ConvertKit Shopify integration
To note, ConvertKit is not directly accessed through the Shopify app store, however, it is an easy integration process with only 3 steps: https://help.convertkit.com/en/articles/2502562-shopify-integration
What is the Best Free Email Marketing App for Shopify?
Strictly speaking, most are free if you're just getting started, and you have few subscribers.
You’ll find it impossible to find a free solution if you have many subscribers, and you send thousands of emails per month.
Why, because developers/companies around the world build services to make it easier for you to focus on what’s important, growing your business. Let’s face it, it’s not really fair to want something for free, especially for companies spending months, or even years building a solution to make your life easier.
We’ve used MailMunch a few times over the years, and we’re happy to report, that we’ve voted for MailMunch as the number one free email marketing app.MailMunch Shopify App
It’s important to note, that MailMunch is free if you send 1000 or fewer emails per month, and your only requirement for functionality is Forms, Popups, and landing pages.
10 Best Shopify Apps for Email Marketing
1, Sender Shopify App
App Description: Sender is an omnichannel marketing platform that offers email and SMS campaigns you can manage from a single dashboard. The tool is trusted by 170,000+ successful businesses worldwide.
With Sender, you can set up automated email and SMS workflows triggered by specific events. That will ease your work several times and will grow your sales, too.
The platform also provides premade templates and an intuitive drag-and-drop email builder that helps you design beautiful newsletters, sign-in forms, and popups. On top of that, you also get real-time reporting and analytics to measure how your email and SMS marketing campaigns are performing.
If you're looking for an affordable email app for your Shopify store, then Sender’s got you covered.
The key features of Sender include:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email design builder
- Sign-up and popup forms
- Drip campaigns
- Prebuilt email templates library
- Personalization and segmentation
- Marketing automation (abandoned cart emails, birthday and anniversary emails, welcome emails, and more.)
- Reporting & analytics
Sender integrates with:
- Adobe Commerce (Formerly Magento)
- Free Forever plan for up to 2,500 subscribers and 15,000 emails per month.
- The Standard plan costs $10 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers and 30,000 emails per month.
- The Professional plan starts at $35 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers and 60,000 emails per month.
- Contact the Sender team for a custom price on the Enterprise plan.
- Reviews: 46 reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 5 stars
2, ConvertKit Shopify App
App Description: As described above, ConvertKit for Shopify is number one on our list, simply due to its ease of use, landing pages, sign-up forms, integrations, automations, and most importantly, its fair pricing model.
With over 425k clients targeting over 250 million subscribers, it’s fair to say that ConvertKit has cemented its power in history.
- Price: Free with a limited feature set, and up to 300 subscribers. From $9 per month with extended features and up to 300 subscribers. From $25 per month with all features and up to 300 subscribers.
- Reviews: Reviews can be found on: Capterra, and g2
- Rating: 4.7 stars on Capterra, and 4.4 stars on g2
3, Klaviyo Shopify App
App Description: The Klaviyo Shopify app is an Email and SMS marketing app, and is described as an all-in-one service, that gives you the power to turn leads into customers, and most importantly long-lasting relationships.
Klaviyo’s features include:
Klaviyo integrates with:
- Facebook Advertising
- Swell Rewards
Klaviyo email marketing for Shopify is not one to be missed out on!
- Price: Email free for up to 250 contacts. SMS free for up to 50 SMS contacts. Email $20 per month and Up to 500 contacts. SMS $5 per month and Up to 150 SMS contacts.
- Reviews: 1593 reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.0 stars
4, MailChimp Shopify App
App Description: The Mailchimp Shopify app is a top-tier email marketing service that serves hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. The app is an all-in-one email marketing solution for Shopify store builders to start and scale their email marketing campaigns.
The key features of the MailChimp Shopify app include:
- Email template designs
- Newsletter analytics
- Advanced personalization
- pop-up forms
- Landing pages
MailChimp integrates with:
- QuickBooks Online
- Price: It has a free plan for up to 2,000 contacts. The paid plans start at $11 per month and go up to $299 per month.
- Reviews: 456 reviews to date
- Rating: 3.4 stars
5, Omnisend Shopify App
App Description: Omnisend is an all-in-one marketing solution, focusing deeply on Email and SMS marketing. The platform as a whole is used by 70,000+ store owners worldwide!
With Omnisend you can create fully customizable opt-in popups, signup bars, landing pages & wheel of fortune. All with ready-made themed templates, including notifications and promotions.
Store owners choose Omnisend to maximize one-time purchases and repeat purchases all from one solution.
- Abandoned cart recovery emails
- Post-sales & order follow-up emails
- Product & Browse abandonment
- New subscribers (welcome emails)
- Customers likely to churn (win-back, cross-sell & reactivation emails)
- Customer feedback and product reviews
- A drag & drop email builder
- Ready-made, responsive email templates on any device
- Unique coupon codes
- Automatic product picker listing
- Product recommender
Omnisend integrates with:
- Price: Free with 250 subscribers and 500 emails per month & up to 60 International SMS. $16 per month with 500 subscribers and 6,000 emails per month & up to 60 International SMS. $59 per month with 500 subscribers and Unlimited Emails + Free International SMS/MMS.
- Reviews: A whopping 4385 Omnisend Shopify reviews to date
- Rating: 5.0 stars
6, MailMunch Shopify App
App Description: The MailMunch Shopify app, in our opinion, is the underdog, whilst not a household name, it's a mighty impressive solution for email marketing.
MailMunch is used by small and large business's around the world, and is packed with powerful features.
- Customizable popups
- Embedded forms
- Simple UI for designing campaigns
MailMunch integrates with:
- Constant contact
- Price: Free, and also paid plans starting at $14.99 per month, and up to $24.99 per month.
- Reviews: 535 reviews on the Shopify app store
- Rating: 4.5 stars
7, Seguno Shopify App: Email Marketing
App Description: The Seguno Shopify app creates popups and exit intent opt-in boxes. The primary goal of such tools is to engage the visitors that are leaving the website without taking any action.
- Capturing leads
- popup trigger options
- design customization
- popup analytics
- popup templates
- Abandoned cart transactional option
- Campaign Templates: 4-5 newsletters with design, copy, and timing
- Insert images from your Instagram feed
- Trigger an automation when a product or any product in a collection is purchased
- Design with Canva inside Seguno
- Automate product review request emails
- Live countdown GIF to boost conversions
- Create an email in a multi-channel campaign in Shopify Marketing
- Customer tagged automations for wholesale customers, VIPs, etc.
Seguno integrates with:
- Dynamic Banner Suite
- Product Reviews
- Facebook Leads
- Seguno Pricing: Free and up to 250 subscribers. $10 per month with a free trial and up to 1000 subscribers.
- Reviews: 877 reviews to date
- Rating: 5.0 stars
8, Shopify Email App
App Description: The Shopify email app was built in-house, and created to be a little more cost-effective than independent platforms. The app allows users to set up email marketing campaigns without any third-party email marketing tool involvement.
The app has templates for sending emails related to new products, discounts, restocking, holidays, events, and more.
If you're looking for an easy-to-use Shopify newsletter app then this is the one for you.
Shopify email app features:
- Personalized emails
- Newsletter scheduling
- Contact importing
- Custom domain integration
- Price: The first 10,000 emails are free, but then every 1,000 emails cost $1.
- Reviews: 916 reviews
- Rating: 4.1 stars
9, Privy Shopify App
App Description: The Privy Shopify app is used and trusted by thousands of retailers around the world to improve conversion and grow their email/ SMS lists, which ultimately increases sales.
Privy, similar to other top email marketing apps contains many outstanding features where no coding or development skills are needed.
- Spin-to-win wheel
- Announcement bars
- Embedded forms
- Single-use & bulk coupon code integration
- Support for custom storefronts
- Exit intent on cart abandonment, cart value & website behavior
- Automated A/B testing
- Autoresponders and reminder messages
Privy integrates with:
- Price: Free up to 100 subscribers. $15 per month for up to 250 email subscribers. $45 per month For up to 3,000 email subscribers & 500 SMS subscribers. $70 per month based on monthly traffic, starting at $70 for up to 50,000 monthly pageviews.
- Reviews: An outstanding 24792 reviews
- Rating: 4.7 stars
10, Drip Shopify App
App Description: Drip is an automated marketing platform designed to help growing Shopify retailers scale with personalization, segmentation, optimized forms, slides, and pop-ups.
If straight to the point, no fluff, no gimmicks, or over-development platforms is your thing, then drip is the one for you.
Drip integrates with:
- Price: 14-day free trial, and then $39 per month thereafter
- Reviews: 64 reviews
- Rating: 4.6 stars
11, Avada Shopify App
App Description: The Avada email marketing Shopify video app is yet another fine example of a stella service providing Shopify retailers with an all-in-one email marketing solution.
With omnichannel support, you can now target customers on various channels, including WhatsApp, and push notifications.
- Abandonment Protectors
- Automation Workflows
- Notification Emails
- Email Marketing Templates
- Newsletter Popups, Exit intent Pop-ups
- Add-to-cart pop-ups
- Spin to Win
- Inline form
- Flyout pop-ups
- Informational pop-ups
- Multi-Step pop-ups
- WhatsApp, Push Notifications
- Unlimited Stock Images
Avada integrates with:
- Facebook Ads
- Google Ads
- Price: Free for up to 500 subscribers, and paid plans starting from $9 per month
- Reviews: 601 reviews to date
- Rating: 5.0 stars
Most e-commerce websites rely on social media ads, search ads, and influencer marketing for sales and marketing. However, some e-commerce websites pay close attention to building an email list for diversity.
The Shopify platform has a number of email marketing apps, internally, and externally, to create opt-in forms, landing pages, and flows. So now is the time to increase revenue through email marketing.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Best free Shopify email marketing app
- Best email marketing app for Shopify
- 10 best Shopify email marketing apps
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.