Where Can I Get Products to Sell on Shopify?
There are various places you can get products to sell on Shopify. You can purchase products from manufacturers, wholesalers, dropshippers, and online marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, and Etsy.
You can also create your own products and add them to your store. Additionally, you can use Shopify dropshipping apps to import products.
It’s worthwhile pointing out that because you can, doesn't mean you should, right? If you opt to go down the dropshipping route to add products to Shopify, you’ll more than likely not bother with testing products. This is a big “No No”!
Don’t underestimate what it takes to build a profitable store. You can have an amazing Shopify theme, and killer marketing skills, but if there is no demand and the product is low in quality, your store will fail.
An alternative solution would be to stop looking for a product to sell, but rather try and solve a problem, or better still, sell something you are passionate about.
Before adding products think about:
- Is this a quality product
- Have I tested this product
- Is it in demand
- Can I create content around this product
Never just assume you can sell a product without any prior knowledge of the product. It’s important to understand that most eCommerce owners understand their product in and out. Do your research, and plenty of it, but also test, test, and more testing.
Go above and beyond to what most of store owners do. Don’t be another pop-up store that fails within the first 6 months.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Where you can find Shopify products
- Dropshipping apps for Shopify
- Why dropshipping is bad
- Dropshipping books
- Dropshipping mistakes to avoid
- How to add a product to Shopify
- Can I add my own products to Shopify?
- Can customers customize products on Shopify?
- Are products on Shopify legit?
- Can I add products from Amazon to Shopify?
- Can I archive products in Shopify?
- Can I bulk upload products to Shopify?
- Do I have to pay for inventory?
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.