Can I Bring My Domain To Shopify?
Absolutely! Shopify is proud to offer users the flexibility to bring their own domains to the platform. This means that you can use your current domain name to create a unique and personalized shop on Shopify.
Getting started with custom domains on Shopify is easy. You'll first want to make sure that your existing domain is unlocked and available to be transferred. Then, you can either use Shopify's domain registration add-on (which can save you time and money if you plan to register more than one domain with Shopify) or input the domain information from your domain registrar.
Once you’ve chosen and registered your domain, you’ll be able to connect it with Shopify. All you’ll need to do is point your domain’s name servers to Shopify’s. This will connect the domain to your store so that it’s live and connected with your shop. Depending on the domain registrar you’re using, this process may vary.
Once your domain is connected to Shopify, you’ll be able to start customizing your shop. You can set up a custom logo and a custom domain name, and even add additional features such as a blog or social media accounts.
With a custom domain, you’ll be able to create an online store that truly reflects your brand and identity. Plus, it’s an easy way to make your shop stand out. And since it’s connected directly to your online store, you’ll be able to easily monitor its performance and move your shop around with just a few clicks.
In the end, bringing your own domain to Shopify is an easy and rewarding way to make your store stand out from the competition. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be able to set up a unique shop on Shopify and really make it your own.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
A domain name is the URL used to access a website and is its unique identifier on the internet. Many businesses register their own domain names, so that customers can more easily remember their website address. If you already own a domain, then the good news is that you can bring it to Shopify and use it for your shop.
To successfully bring it over, first you will need to check the settings of the domain and ensure it is unlocked and that the privacy protection is disabled, otherwise the transfer process will not work. Then when you have set up a Shopify account, you can add the domain via the Domains page in the admin. Paste in the domain name and then select the ‘Transfer a Domain’ option at the top. You will then be taken through a few simple steps where you enter the transfer code and then your details.
Once the transfer has been successful, you should then check the DNS (Domain Name System) settings are correct and ensure the domain nameservers point towards Shopify. This allows the domain to work correctly with Shopify’s servers and customers can access your new website. Finally, after a few hours, your website should become live and customers can begin buying from it. So, if you already have a domain, bring it to Shopify and you can create a fantastic store in no time!
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Bring My Domain To Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.