Can I Bulk Edit Product Descriptions Shopify?
Yes, you can bulk edit product descriptions on Shopify. Bulk editing product descriptions is a great way to save time and effort when making changes to large numbers of products. All you need is a .csv file, which can be easily created in a spreadsheet program such as Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
Using the bulk product editor, you can make bulk changes to your product titles, descriptions, and more. To edit product descriptions in bulk, go to your Shopify admin, select 'Products', and then click on Export. Choose the products you want to export and select 'Export as CSV'. Once you have your .csv file, open it in a spreadsheet program and edit the 'Description' column. Be sure to save your changes before you close the file.
Next, head back to your Shopify admin and select 'Imports'. Choose the .csv file you just edited, and select the 'Replace any current products that have the same handle' option. To ensure your bulk edit is successful, make sure your headers are accurate.
Finally, select the 'Import products' button to upload your edited .csv file. Your changes will be made to your product descriptions. Note that any customizations, tags, and availability settings will not be updated.
Making bulk edits to product descriptions on Shopify can be a tedious process, but it’s well worth the effort if you have a large number of products to update. It’s a great way to save time and make sure that all your product descriptions are consistent across your store.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
When bulk editing product descriptions in Shopify, the user must first choose which products they want to edit. The user can choose specific products or all products in the store. Once the products are selected, Shopify will generate a spreadsheet of the product descriptions for the user to edit. This spreadsheet will include line-by-line descriptions of each product included in the selection.
The user can then add, change, or delete the description for the products in the spreadsheet. After the user is finished editing, they can save their changes and push them back into the Shopify store. This will apply the descriptions set in the spreadsheet to each of the selected products.
Bulk editing product descriptions in Shopify is a helpful feature that allows users to quickly and efficiently update information about their store. This saves a lot of time by avoiding the need to update each individual product. It also ensures that all products have the same formatting, so that store visitors can quickly find the information they want. Bulk editing is a useful tool for eCommerce store owners.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Bulk Edit Product Descriptions Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.