Can I Cancel My Shopify Plan At Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel your Shopify plan at any time. however, depending upon the plan you choose and the time in which you cancel it, there may be some considerations to think about and associated fees.
If you cancel your Shopify plan within the free trial period, then there is no fee or penalty that you will need to pay. However, if you choose to cancel your plan after the free trial period is up, then you may be subject to a cancellation fee that is based upon the amount of the plan you had selected. The more expensive the plan, the higher the cancellation fee that may apply. If you choose to close down your Shopify store, no matter when you do it, you will be responsible for any outstanding bills or outstanding fees that have yet to be paid.
Once you have decided to cancel your Shopify plan and you have been charged a cancellation fee if necessary, you will need to contact Shopify support in order to have your subscription cancelled. As part of their cancellation process, they may offer insight into why your subscription was terminated so that you and your team can gain insights to guide future decisions. All payment data and any personal information you have provided to Shopify will then be removed and your store will be closed. Any orders, products, or other content contained within your store will also be fully removed, so be sure to save any valuable data before cancelling your Shopify plan.
When cancelling your Shopify subscription, it is important that you clearly understand all of the terms and conditions, as well as the associated fees. By understanding these conditions and fees, you can make sure you get the most out of your Shopify plan, while still avoiding any unnecessary fees.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Shopify's financial terms are month-to-month with no contract, so you are free to discontinue your subscription (or upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan) whenever you wish. To cancel your Shopify plan: (1) Log in to your Shopify admin and (2) go to the 'Settings' menu on the left side panel, (3) and select the ‘Plan and account’ tab. (4) From there, you can select 'Change plan' and select the 'Cancel plan' option. Shopify's customer service team is also available to assist you every step of the way. Once the cancellation process is complete, you will receive an email confirmation of this for your records. Note that although your plan is canceled, certain features of the platform may be available to you even after you cancel. For example, if you are on the Shopify Plan, you will still have access to the Shopify blog and Shopify's help desk support.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Cancel My Shopify Plan At Any Time?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.