Can I Change My Shopify Login Email?
Yes, it is possible to change your Shopify login email. This is a relatively straightforward process, and it involves logging into your Shopify account, going to Settings, and then selecting Account. On the Account page, you will find an option to change your login email address. Before proceeding, please make sure that the new email address is one that you can access, since you will need to verify the change.
Once you have placed your new email address into the field, click Save Changes. Shortly after, Shopify will send a confirmation email to your new address to complete the update. This email will contain instructions and a link to carry out the verification process. Simply follow the instructions and confirm it.
Please note that once you change your Shopify login email address, all emails sent from Shopify, such as order confirmations, invoices, abandoned checkout reminders, etc., will be sent to the new email address. Additionally, this email address will be used to log in to your Shopify account, so make sure that you can easily access it.
Also, please be aware that certain third-party apps and services may continue to send communications to your old email address. This is because they may not be integrated with Shopify’s change email functionality and keeping your old address on file is the only way for them to send notifications. For this reason, it is important to make sure that your old email address still has access.
In conclusion, if you would like to change your Shopify login email address, it is a relatively straightforward process and involves logging into your Shopify account, going to Settings, and then selecting Account. Once the new address is entered, click Save Changes and then complete the verification process in the email sent to the new address. Now you can log in to your Shopify account with the new email address and all emails sent from Shopify will go to this address.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
To ensure customer security and the security of the account, user accounts require a unique email address which serves as the login credentials. For users who have lost access to their current login email address or would like to change it, Shopify offers an easy way to do so in a few simple steps.
First, you must log into your Shopify account using the current email that you have linked to the account. Once logged in, you will need to access the Account settings page which can be found under the ‘Settings’ tab. Next, look for the 'Email' option which will take you to the 'Change Email Address' page. From there, you will be required to enter your new valid email address. After selecting the 'Save' option, Shopify will send you an email with a verification link which you will need to click on in order to activate the new email address.
Once complete, your new email address will replace the old one as your Shopify login credentials. You are also encouraged to use a strong password and two-factor authentication to protect yourself in the case of malicious activity.
Overall, Shopify provides a straightforward process to change your login email address. By following the steps outlined, you can quickly and safely update your email address with minimal effort.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Change My Shopify Login Email?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.