Can I Change The Domain Of My Shopify Store?
Yes, you can change the domain of your Shopify store by following a few simple steps.
First, you should log into your Shopify account. Then, select Online Store from the sidebar and choose Domains. You will be able to see the current domain that is associated with your store.
Once you have identified the current domain associated with your store, you should click on the Manage link next to the domain. This will take you to a page where you can edit the domain’s settings. At the bottom of the page, you can click the Change Domain button to choose a new domain.
You will then be presented with the option to either register a new domain or connect an existing domain. If you choose to register a new domain, you will be directed to a page where you can search for an available domain.
After you have selected a new domain name that is available, you can enter the domain name in the text box that is provided on the page and click Add to Cart to proceed with the transaction. You will then need to proceed with the checkout process, which will involve entering your payment information and then confirming the order.
Once the transaction is completed, you will be shown a confirmation page with the new domain name that is now associated with your Shopify store. You can also access the same page from the Domains tab in your Shopify admin panel. This will allow you to see the new domain associated with your Shopify store and make sure everything is working correctly.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily change the domain of your Shopify store in just a few minutes.
For a more in depth look, below you can find a guide to help with clarity:
Related Shopify tutorials:
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
When it comes to running an online business, the domain of your store can be an important factor. It can help customers to remember your name, attract traffic, and make your business stand out from the crowd. For those running their store through Shopify, changing the domain is a surprisingly simple process.
The first step is to choose the new domain name. This can be done through Shopify, by searching through their Slicknames database. This will give the user access to hundreds of top-level domains that could be used. Once the user finds a domain they like, they can add, purchase, and connect it to their store with the click of a button.
Additionally, transferring existing domains to Shopify is also possible. This allows users to save money and points to an already established website. With Shopify, no technical knowledge is needed to make the switch.
Once everything is set up, Shopify provides a step-by-step guide on how to point their current domain to the new one. This takes minutes and can open up the store to more customers.
Since it's so easy to change the domain of a Shopify store, business owners can quickly move their store to a more recognizable URL and take advantage of a growing market. With the right domain, Shopify users have the potential to draw in more customers and bring their business to an even higher level of success.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Change The Domain Of My Shopify Store?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.