Can I Move My Domain From Wix To Shopify?
Yes, moving a website domain from Wix to Shopify is possible.
Although both platforms offer website hosting, they provide different types of services.
The actual rearone requires some technical know-how, but it’s not a difficult process.
First, visit your Wix account and open the “Domains” tab.
Find the domain that you would like to transfer and click “transfer”.
Once this is done, Wix will ask for a “transfer password” or an “authorization code” which you can get from your current domain registrar.
Once you have successfully transferred the domain, you will need to point the domain to Shopify.
To do this, you will have to change the values of the “Name Servers”.
This is done using the DNS manager associated with your domain registrar.
Think of the Name Servers as an address book for the internet.
They hold the information of where you registered your domain and control where people are directed when they try to visit your website.
To ensure your visitors end up in the right place, you will need to create a Shopify ‘A’ record.
To do this, visit your Shopify admin dashboard and click “Online Store” then “Domains”.
When asked to add your domain or transfer your domain, select “transfer”.
Now you will be provided with two numbers, enter these numbers into the “A record” at your domain registrar.
The process usually takes up to 48 hours, but can be quicker if you have premium DNS hosting.
Once complete, you can open Shopify and link your domain to it.
From there, you can manage your online store as normal and all the changes you make will be displayed right away.
Overall, transferring a domain from Wix to Shopify is entirely possible and is straightforward to do.
All you need to do is transfer the domain to Shopify, change the Name Servers, and create an A record in Shopify.
The whole process should take no more than two days, and from then on you will have a professional online store ready to go.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Yes, you can move your domain from Wix to Shopify.
This is a simple process and usually only takes a few steps.
The first step is to log in to your Wix account and unlock your domain name.
Once it is unlocked, you can then log in to your Shopify account and add your domain in the Domains page.
After the domain is added, you will need to reconfigure your DNS settings in your Shopify Account to point it to your Shopify store.
Once you have done this, your domain will be connected to your Shopify store and customers can now browse your store with the new domain.
Additionally, you can configured a “redirect” from your old Wix site to your new Shopify store.
Be sure to take the time to check that your Shopify store is working correctly with the new domain before informing your customers of any change.
You should also double check that everything is working properly after the transfer.
These steps will ensure a smooth transition and help make sure your customers have the best experience.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Move My Domain From Wix To Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.