Can I Sell On Shopify For Free?
Yes, it is possible to sell on Shopify for free.
Shopify offers a free plan that allows users to set up a basic store and start selling products online.
This plan is aimed at small businesses and online entrepreneurs who want to get off the ground but don’t want to commit to a paid subscription.
The free plan provides basic tools to help you get started:
- A Shopify domain and subdomain
- Access to the Shopify platform and app store
- Access to basic theme customization options
- Ability to list up to 10 products
- 2GB of storage space
- Basic reporting tools
- Ability to accept payments from credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay
You can also customize the look and feel of your store by selecting from one of our free themes.
Additionally, the free plan provides access to our powerful online store management system, which makes it easy to keep track of orders, stock levels, and customer information.
Additionally, users on the free plan can choose to have their store hosted by Shopify for free or use their own web hosting solution.
This allows your store to be up and running on the web quickly and easily.
However, it is worth noting that the free plan doesn't provide support from Shopify's customer service team.
If you require assistance beyond what is available in the FAQs and Knowledge Base, you will need to upgrade to one of the paid plans.
Overall, the free plan allows you to get started with selling on Shopify for free and without the need for any upfront costs.
However, if you wish to have additional features and access to personalized support, then you will need to upgrade to one of the paid plans.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Yes, you can sell on Shopify for free.
Shopify offers a free 14-day trial so you can create an online store and start selling without having to pay anything up front.
With the free trial, you’ll gain access to Shopify’s ecommerce platform, domain name, hosting, and unlimited products.
Although Shopify’s basic plan is free, there are certain features that will require you to upgrade to a paid plan, such as the ability to use a custom domain name, process credit card payments, and access to their customer support.
After the 14-day trial, you can choose from their paid plans which offer more comprehensive features such as the ability to add staff accounts and access to marketing tools.
If you’re a small business starting up, the free plan may be a good place to start and then you can upgrade once you start making sales.
As an online seller, Shopify’s free plan provides an easy and cost-effective way to get started, without having to pay anything up front.
It allows businesses and entrepreneurs to get their products out there without having to invest in costly software or expensive web development fees.
With the free plan you can start selling quickly and easily without any upfront payment required.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Sell On Shopify For Free?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.