Can I Transfer My Domain From Shopify?
Yes! You can transfer your domain from Shopify.
It’s a quick and easy process, though it can be slightly different based on the domain registrar you’re transferring from.
The first step is to purchase a domain transfer.
To do this, log in to your Shopify account and select ‘Domains’ in the sidebar to the left.
Click ‘Transfer a domain to Shopify’ and enter the domain you’d like to transfer.
You will be redirected to a page showing details of the transfer process and the cost.
Once you’re happy with the details, click ‘Continue’ to complete the transfer purchase.
Once you’ve completed the purchase, your new registrar will contact you with the transfer code.
This is a unique code that you’ll need to submit to your current registrar.
To do this, you'll need to log in to your current registrar's account and submit the transfer code.
The transfer process can take some time depending on the registry for the domain.
Generally, it can take up to 10 days for the transfer to be completed, however it may take longer if the registrars have any problems with the transfer.
Once the transfer is complete, your domain will be moved to the new registrar.
You’ll be able to access all the features of Shopify’s domain management, including redirects, DNS management, and email forwarding.
You can also use Shopify’s in-built domain editor to easily make changes to your domain’s settings.
Finally, keep in mind that most domain transfers come with a fee, so make sure to check the price before initiating the transfer.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
When a Shopify user decides to switch to a new ecommerce platform, they may be wondering if their domain name can be transferred from Shopify to the new platform.
The answer is yes.
A domain name can be transferred from Shopify to the new eCommerce platform.
This process is known as domain porting and it can be completed in a few easy steps.
First, the domain needs to be unlocked from Shopify.
This can be done in the “Domains” section under Settings in the Shopify Admin panel.
Next, the domain needs to be transferred out to the new eCommerce platform.
The new eCommerce platform will provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
Finally, the domain will need to be pointed from the old to the new hosting provider.
Once these steps are complete, the domain will be transferred and the user can start using the new platform with the same domain name.
Transferring a domain name from Shopify to another eCommerce platform is a relatively simple process that can save the user plenty of time and money.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Transfer My Domain From Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.