Can I Transfer My Shopify Domain?
Yes, you can transfer your Shopify domain.
Depending on the domain registrar you’re transferring your domain from, the process may vary slightly, however, the general steps to transfer a domain are outlined below:
1, Unlock your domain Unlocking your domain means that you’re allowing the transfer to happen and giving permission to the new domain registrar to manage your domain.
2, Get an Authorization code For security reasons, you’ll need an authorization code (also called an EPP code) from your existing registrar.
This code acts as a password to make sure the transfer is authorized by the current registrar.
3, Initiate the transfer with the new registrar Once you have the unlocking and authorization code, you can log into your Account with the new Shopify domain registrar and initiate the transfer.
Your new registrar will usually contact your current registrar to get approval for the transfer.
4, Approve the transfer Once approved by your current registrar, the new Shopify registrar will email you to finish the transfer.
5, Confirm the Transfer After you’ve approved, the transfer process is complete.
Some registrars will need a few days to finalize the transfer, depending on your domain TLD.
Finally, once you have transferred and activated your domain, you will be able to manage it in your Account with Shopify.
You can update DNS records, manage mail forwarding, and more.
When the transfer is complete, your domain will be accessible on the internet as soon as your DNS settings are propagated and the transfer is finished.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform used by many entrepreneurs to build their online stores.
One of the components of setting up a Shopify store is registering a domain name.
If a business owner is looking to transfer their domain from one hosting company to Shopify, they can do so.
When transferring a domain to Shopify, the store owner must complete an authorization code or EPP code from their current host.
This code is either obtained by contacting the current host themselves, or by visiting their domain control panel.
Once the authorization code has been acquired, the business owner must go to the DIY (Do It Yourself) domain transfer page in the Shopify dashboard.
There, the owner will be asked for the authorization code, as well as other necessary information.
Once the domain transfer is initiated, Shopify will then send a link or code to the current host.
Finally, the current host must approve the transfer.
After the transfer is approved, the domain is moved to Shopify.
It can take up to two days to transfer a domain from a previous host to Shopify, and up to seven days in some cases.
Domain transfers are a straightforward process if done correctly.
Business owners considering taking advantage of the power of Shopify must remember to get the authorization code from their current hosting provider and complete the transfer by following the steps on Shopify's website.
With the right planning, transferring a domain to Shopify is an easy and quick process that can help expand a business and introduce it to new and larger markets.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Transfer My Shopify Domain?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.