Can I Use My Domain Name On Shopify?
Yes, you can use your domain name on Shopify.
A domain name is an online address that allows customers to visit your website.
Having a domain name is important since it makes your store recognizable and helps customers find you more easily.
When you’re setting up your Shopify store, you can connect your existing domain name or choose to purchase a new one from Shopify.
Shopify offers free domain name options, as well as simple domain registration and management services.
If you already own a domain, simply connect that domain to your Shopify store and you’ll be well on your way to launching your online business.
If you choose to purchase a new domain through Shopify, the process is simple and only takes a few clicks.
Top-level domains such as.
info are available for purchase directly from the Shopify admin.
You can also purchase multiple domain extensions and multiple domains.
These can be used for different variations of your store name, for easy redirects from non-Shopify domains, or for additional branding.
Once you’ve connected your domain, you can customize your store address.
With Shopify, you can use either your domain or your username.
The username is the automatically generated address for your store that Shopify creates.
A custom domain name, however, gives you an even more professional look.
Take the time to make sure your domain expresses the key thing that makes your business unique.
Think of it as your web address’ first impression – you want it to be an appealing one so customers will flock to your store.
No matter if you’re transferring an existing domain or registering a new one, Shopify makes the process easier.
The detailed yet simple to use domain management tools give you control over the settings to create the perfect domain name and store address for your store.
With Shopify, you can use your domain name and have an online store up and running quickly.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Yes, you can use your own custom domain name on Shopify.
By connecting a domain name you own to a Shopify store, customers will get the same great shopping experience while being able to use their own domain instead of a URL that contains "shopify.
" You can connect your domain to Shopify for free, or purchase a domain from Shopify at a competitive price.
Once a custom domain is connected to Shopify, simply point visitors to the new address and they will land on your shop.
If you already own a domain name, in most cases you'll just need to update your domain's nameservers in order to switch it to Shopify.
To do this first log into your domain registrar's website where you manage your domain and change the nameservers for your domain to those provided by Shopify, then connect your domain to your Shopify store.
If you already bought a domain from Shopify, the nameservers are already set up for you.
In both cases, if you do need help just reach out to Shopify Support who are on hand 24/7 to help you with the steps.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Use My Domain Name On Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.