Can I Use My Own Domain Name With Shopify?
Yes, you can use your own domain name with Shopify! Shopify gives you the option of connecting a domain you already own, purchasing a new domain through a third-party provider, or using a free.
Using your own domain with Shopify is a great way to give your store a more professional and customer-friendly look.
It also makes it easier for customers to remember your store’s URL.
When you connect your domain to Shopify, customers will be able to find and shop your store with your custom domain instead of the myshopify.com version.
To get started, you’ll first need to purchase a domain name if you don’t already have one.
You can do this through a third-party provider such as GoDaddy, Namecheap, or Google Domains.
Once your domain is purchased, you’ll need to connect it to your store.
To connect your domain to Shopify:
1, Log in to your Shopify admin and click ‘Online Store’.
2, Select ‘Domains’ from the menu on the left side.
3, Click ‘Connect existing domain’.
4, Enter the domain name you purchased and click ‘Next’.
Follow the instructions on the page to connect your domain.
Once your domain is successfully connected to Shopify, customers will be able to access your store through your custom URL.
You can also set up an SSL certificate to ensure customers that their information is safe when they shop at your store.
Using your own domain with Shopify is an easy and effective way to personalize your store and provide customers with a more secure online shopping experience.
With the right domain and setup, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful online store.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
If you use Shopify to create and manage your online store, you may be wondering if it is possible to use your own domain name instead of the generic store.
com one that you are provided with.
The answer is yes.
Using your own domain name to represent your store will add a more professional touch and can help customers remember your brand more easily.
Your own domain name can be registered with Shopify or with an external domain name registrar, such as GoDaddy.
If you choose the latter option, you will need to point your domain name to Shopify’s servers.
It’s a fairly simple process that just requires you to add Some DNS records at your domain name registrar’s control panel.
If you need help with this process you can contact Shopify Support for assistance.
Once your domain name has been pointed to Shopify’s servers and the process is complete, it’s time to set up your domain name in Shopify.
To do this, simply log in to your Shopify store and locate the Domains tab in your admin.
There you will be able to add your domain name via the ‘connect existing domain’ button.
Once you’ve finished this process, your new domain name will become active and you can start using it for your online store.
Using your own custom domain name with Shopify is an easy and highly recommended process to enhance your online store’s branding.
With this flexibility, you can create a unique web address that customers can easily remember and use to access your store.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Use My Own Domain Name With Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.