Can I Use My Own Domain With Shopify?
Yes, you can use your own domain with Shopify.
You can create your own unique store and brand by connecting a domain that you already own or by registering a new domain with Shopify.
When you register a domain, or connect an existing domain, to your Shopify store, all the traffic to your domain is automatically redirected to your Shopify store.
This means that your visitors will automatically see your store instead of a domain name registration page.
Connecting a domain to Shopify requires you to change the name servers of the domain.
Name servers are the records that dictate where the domain should be pointed to and where it will be found.
You will need to change the name servers from your domain registrar to Shopify.
When connecting your domain, Shopify will provide you the name server information that you will need to enter into your domain registrar's control panel.
If you don't own a domain, or if your domain name isn't available, you can buy and register a new domain from Shopify.
With Shopify’s domain buying tool, you can quickly find and buy an available domain name that perfectly matches your store.
After you have connected or bought a domain, you can customize your domain settings to suit your needs.
You can change the CNAME records, MX records, and A records to match your domain’s identity.
If you’re unsure of what those settings are or what they do, you can always contact Shopify Support or a domain expert for help.
The possibilities for customization are nearly endless.
You can also create a redirect to send traffic to specific pages and use Shopify’s domain forwarding feature to point a domain to an existing store.
With Shopify, setting up or switching a domain to your store doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming.
With all these features, you can make sure that your store and your domain name perfectly match your brand.
So if you want to use your own domain with Shopify, you can easily do so in no time.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Yes, you can use your own domain with Shopify.
If you already own a domain, you can connect it to your Shopify store.
Doing so allows customers to reach your store using a personalized URL (e.g., www.yourstore.com or www.mystore.com).
Additionally, it strengthens your brand identity and helps protect your store from being used by other people.
The process of connecting your domain to Shopify is quite simple.
You first need to set up the domain with your domain host – which is the company you purchased the domain from.
Once it’s connected, you’ll go to your Shopify admin and add your domain.
If you don’t own a domain, Shopify also provides an easy way to register a new domain within their platform and connect it to your store.
In addition to connecting a domain to your store, you can also add domains to redirect to other sections of your store, such as a blog.
Shopify gives you complete control over your store, allowing you to take your business to the next level.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Use My Own Domain With Shopify?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.