Can I Use Shopify If I Already Have A Domain?
Yes, you can use Shopify even if you already have an existing domain.
With Shopify, you can either set up your store using a Shopify subdomain, such as YourStoreName.myshopify.com, or you can create a custom domain by connecting a domain you have already registered with Shopify.
When linking an existing domain to Shopify, the process depends on where your domain is registered.
Different registrars have different requirements, so the setup process can vary.
Generally, you can transfer a domain from one registrar to another, or you can make specific changes to the DNS settings of your domain to route it to Shopify.
If you have an existing domain, Shopify also makes it easy to use that domain with your store.
In the Shopify Admin, click the Settings tab, and then click Domains.
From there, you can enter the domain and choose whether to transfer the domain to Shopify, or use an external DNS host.
Once your domain is connected, additional steps are required before the store is considered live.
From the Domains page, you'll need to set the domain as a primary domain if it's not already selected as primary.
You'll also need to add a physical address and select the currency, language, and shipping options for customers in the store's Settings.
In conclusion, Shopify makes it easy to connect an existing domain and use it with your store.
Connecting an existing domain, however, requires a bit more setup than using a Shopify subdomain.
In either case, Shopify makes it know how to set up both types of domains and provides helpful support resources along the way.
Related Shopify tutorials:
- Shopify log in: How to login the right way
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add custom CSS in Shopify
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- How to add notes in Shopify
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
Yes, Shopify allows customers to use their existing domain for their online store.
This process is easy and takes only a few minutes.
Once customers decide to use Shopify, they'll be given two options for setting up their domain: connecting an existing domain or transferring a domain to Shopify.
By connecting an existing domain, customers are not changing who owns their domain, just linking it to their Shopify store.
It allows customers to manage their domain through another hosting account, rather than directly through Shopify.
This process usually involves updating the nameservers, which directs domain visitors to the store.
Shopify also allows customers to transfer their domains directly to Shopify, which simplifies the process and eliminates the need for a third-party host.
Customers receive a complimentary one year domain registration, a $14 USD value, with every annual plan.
They'll also have access to 24/7 customer service, making sure that their domain transfer is as seamless as possible.
Shopify makes it easy for customers to use their existing domain for a new online store.
Whether customers choose to connect or transfer their domain, Shopify offers a straightforward solution for customers with existing domains.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Use Shopify If I Already Have A Domain?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.