Can I Add Custom Code To Shopify?
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market, it makes sense that they'd include the ability to add custom code.
To answer the question. Yes, you can add custom code to Shopify. However, it’s important to note that the platform does not provide any support for custom code. This means that if you run into any issues with your custom code, you’ll need to troubleshoot them yourself.
However, with caveats. Shopify does not allow you to add any code that could negatively affect the performance of your store or the security of your customers’ data. This means that while you can add custom code, it must adhere to the Shopify platform’s rules and regulations.
If you’re comfortable working with code, you can add custom code to your Shopify store in a few different ways. The simplest way is to use the Shopify Theme Editor, which allows you to add custom code directly to your theme files. This is a great option for making small changes or tweaks to your store’s design.
Learn how to add custom code with the following blog posts:
- How to change your domain name on Shopify
- How to upload a sitemap to Shopify
- How to add a product to Shopify the right way
- Best Shopify SEO Apps
- How to change collection URL in Shopify
- How to create a drop-down menu in Shopify
- How to create a collection in Shopify
- How to add a blog to Shopify
- How to add meta tags to Shopify
- How to remove powered by Shopify
- How to add users to Shopify
- How to add a logo to Shopify
- How to edit the order confirmation email in Shopify
- How to turn off the Shopify abandoned cart email
- How to hide products on Shopify
- How to duplicate your Shopify theme
- How to add an order fulfillment center to Shopify
- How to create a custom section in Shopify
- Customer retention strategies to help increase revenue
- How to add notes in Shopify
Shopify is an incredibly powerful eCommerce platform that allows you to customize your store in a variety of ways.
You can add custom code to Shopify, but it’s important to make sure that it’s secure and doesn’t negatively impact your store’s performance.
If you’re not comfortable working with code, it’s best to hire a Shopify expert to help you out.
To summarize we've briefly covered:
- Can I Add Custom Code To Shopify?
- Why social proof is important
- How to get easy backlinks
- What is personalized direct mail?
- A list of the best eCommerce books for beginners
- Best books to learn SEO
- Best social media marketing books
- Best marketing tools
- Why are image alt tags important
- Shopify pricing plans - A Guide to Shopify Fees
- What is Shopify?
- What is MyShopify?
- Shopify v WordPress
- Share this post, every little helps.
- Subscribe to our newsletter below for tips and tricks to help boost sales.
Additional Shopify Resources
With Shopify being one of the largest eCommerce platforms on the market means you’ll never be short of resources to learn how to build a profitable eCommerce business.
Kanteneo aims to be the best Shopify blog on the market, but you may require additional resources to help you on that journey. Below we’ve listed a top-selling Shopify book by Veronica Jeans to help you learn how to launch a profitable business.